Who is Sutanto, Inc.?
Sutanto, Inc. is Samuel Sutanto, a multi-talented web and print graphic designer with more than 7 years of experience in strategic branding, marketing for financial institutions and consumer brands, and event marketing for both corporate and non-profit organizations and 10 years of freelancing experience.
I have been working in corporate environments, agency settings, and as a freelancer, designing impactful design works for Microsoft Advertising, F5 network, Jack In The Box, Verizon, Rainier Pacific Bank, Kitsap Bank, as well as many small businesses.
On top of being excellent in delivering creative works, I learned to investigate the client’s design needs, performed market research and analysis, and provided consultations. I just recently completed my MBA degree, which equipped me with business and marketing knowledge, project management skills, and written communication skills to develop proposals and marketing pitches. My goal is to blend my creative experiences with my business knowledge. My creativity enabled me to put together story-driven presentations that focus on the big picture, while my analytical skills, attention to details, and strong work ethic pushed me to research and investigate my projects thoroughly.
I worked well within structure, was able to follow instructions, and constantly communicated with my managers and colleagues to ensure the projects went above and beyond their expectations. I am highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), web development (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, WordPress, Squarespace, Axure, HTML, CSS), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and basic animation and video editing skills (After Effects, Flash) on both PC and MAC platforms.
My strong interpersonal skills built good relationships with my clients and colleagues, my qualifications and dedication have earned the respect and credibility from industry professionals, while my commitment to lifelong learning encouraged me to grow my technical skills to meet the challenging needs of business environment. In review of my resume, you will note my experience, growth, and openness for challenge. What it cannot illustrate is my degree of dedication, resourcefulness, and professionalism. My in-depth knowledge of finance, marketing, and business development from my MBA education, balanced with my creative thinking sets me apart from my competition. I am confident that my skills, experience, and abilities will be valuable contributions for you and your projects.
Freelance Graphic Designer – Sutanto, Inc. (Seattle, WA), September 2004 – Present
Multi-disciplinary graphic designer, specializing in logo design, website design, and other digital design and print needs.
- Developed brands for Tiger Tail muscle massager and The ZooKeeper pet barrier from the ground up. Designed their logo, packaging, mascots, promotional, and trade show needs, resulting in increased brand recognition and buzz.
- Established brands for Indo Café, an Indonesian restaurant, to target the international communities in Seattle. Increased their brand recognition and social media followings, resulting in great reviews on yelp.
- Partnered with Egg, Brand Motif, Tiflin Design, Watts Media, and Dez Dez Consulting to assist them with logo design, print, digital assets creation, and website design and development projects for their clients.
- Grew client-base by word-of-mouth and nurtured on-going relationships with clients for more than 10 years.
Graphic Designer and Marketing Associate – Beyond Traditional (Seattle, WA), May 2013 – April 2014
A non-traditional advertising agency that focuses on experiential marketing, brand ambassadors, mobile tour, and many more.
- Designed and developed proposals, project pitches for new clients, and mobile tour recap presentations.
- Designed promotional materials, managed vendor relations, assisted account managers with their presentation needs, finding brand ambassadors, models, or potential locations for activations.
- Developed creative concepts for D.R. Horton’s digital advertising in Seattle, Portland, and Salt Lake City. Reached more than 530,000 weekly impressions in outdoor advertising and 9,573,000 Pandora listeners.
Graphic Designer – James Clark Design (Seattle, WA), February 2007 – April 2013
A design firm that focuses on branding and naming for financial institutions and marketing for corporate events.
- Assisted in market research for naming and rebranding projects, which resulted in clearer focus of the client’s goals and objectives, and implement strategic approach to reach their respective goals.
- Managed design projects, such as logo design, marketing and advertising campaigns, and annual reports from concept through production and delivery, resulting in satisfied clients, continued work relationships, and referrals.
- Collaborated with a web development firm to design, develop, and launch various website projects.
- Designed print and digital presentations for Microsoft Advertising’s marketing research projects in US and Asia.
- Designed environmental graphics, email newsletters, and promotional materials for Microsoft Advertising during Microsoft Global Exchange (MGX) and Cannes Lions Advertising Festival, which became the talk of the crowds.
Junior Graphic Designer – Waggener Edstrom (Bellevue, WA), February 2004 – September 2004
A global public relations firm with clients such as Microsoft, T-Mobile, HTC, Sasquatch Music Festival, and many more.
- Illustrated creative assets for project pitches for new clients, designed digital presentations for technology services department, and developed promotional and email newsletters for inter-departmental events.
Marketing and Professional Development Associate – The National Association of Asian American Professionals (Seattle, WA), January 2014 – Present
A non-profit professional organization dedicated to Asian & Pacific Islander professional development through networking and community service.
- Designed the 2015 Scholarship Gala sponsorship package and event marketing. Increased event awareness and sponsorship donations.
- Managed social media content development and scheduled postings, wrote blog posts, and increased followers.
- Assisted professional development events and grew interpersonal relationship through networking events.
Publication Team Ministry Leader – International Full Gospel Fellowship (Seattle, WA), April 2002 – July 2015
A non-denominational church for international college students.
- Led, managed and trained a team of designers and writers to publish weekly bulletins and the monthly sermon series.
- Streamlined the publication team’s operations resulting in shorter working hours and training hours.
- Strategized and developed marketing and social media materials for the church’s special events such as the Welcome Party, Christmas celebration, Easter celebration, summer sports events, fall bazaar, and other church activities.
- Published the church’s Facebook page and Instagram account and steadily increasing its social media followers.
Design Associate – Kollaboration (Seattle, WA), May 2011 – September 2013
A non-profit organization dedicated to empower Asian & Pacific Islander (API) community through entertainment.
- Designed event-marketing package, promotional materials, sponsorship package, social media content and program book, as well as assisted in photo shoot and music video productions for the annual talent showcase.
- Generated leads and prospected customers by networking with various student group, such as AIESEC Seattle,
NAAAP Seattle, TEDxYouth@Seattle, and sold the most tickets among staff members.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Web Development (Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Axure, HTML, CSS), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) on both Mac and PC platforms. Some animation skill in Flash and After Effects.
Master of Business Administration in Finance – City University of Seattle – Seattle, WA, Graduated 2015
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design – Cornish College of the Arts – Seattle, WA, Graduated 2006
Associates of Applied Arts in Graphic Design – The Art Institute of Seattle – Seattle, WA, Graduated 2003